Wax Resist and Secret Messages
Today we're going to play with wax resist!
You will need:
* watercolor (pan, liquid, whatever you have)
* water cup with clean water
* spray bottle with clean water, or second water cup with clean water (or a wet sponge)
* paper (watercolor paper works really well, any thick paper works, printer paper can work but will get wrinkly)
Prepare your space:
* cover your work area
* have several pieces of paper ready to work with
* keep drinking water nearby
* be sure your crayons, paints, rag, water, and brush are within reach
* music? light? whatever makes it your ideal creative workspace, do that!
* draw with crayon on your paper.
* wet your paints (if you are working with dry paint)
* spritz (or drag clean water with your brush, or dab with wet sponge) your paper
* paint over the crayon
* try writing on white paper with a white crayon, share with a friend and have them paint over to reveal a secret message!
* send a drawing to a friend to paint on
* play with warm/cool colors
* this is a really fun one for ocean or other underwater artworks
Have Fun! Be kind to yourself and each other.