Today, we'll make our own art game. You can play these solo or in groups, it's easy to do over zoom or FaceTime too!
You will need:
* something to draw with (marker, pen, crayon - I recommend something you cannot erase)
* something to draw on (paper, cardboard, whatever you have handy that works with your mark maker!)
* optional: print out table provided below
* ruler (if drawing your own table to fill in)
* die (or a spinner from another game, or whatever you have to work with for selecting random numbers!)
Prepare your space:
* cover your work area if you'd like
* have several pieces of paper ready to work with, have the table ready if you are using the print out
* marker, ruler if you're using one (if you're making your own table and don't have a ruler, use another piece of paper or cardboard as a straight edge)
* die or spinner or whatever you're using to select numbers
* keep drinking water nearby
* music? light? whatever makes it your ideal creative workspace, do that!
* draw or print out a table - 6columns x 6rows
* optional: draw dots or colors to correspond to your die or spinner in the first column
* decide what your roll-it theme is, and begin!
* fill in each cell with a line, shape, color, or symbol that works for your game
* play it!
* try creating roll-it-art games based on artist or art movement styles
* try a game made of all colors
* make a book or comic using multiple roll-it drawings (all drawn by you, or make a family/friends collaboration!)
* share your game, share your art!
Have Fun! Be kind to yourself and each other.