In this little lesson, we'll play with lines and color. But! We're reversing the order of the work. This time, first we'll color, then we'll add lines and shapes.
You will need:
* something to color with (watercolor or alcohol marker, color pencil, watercolor - whatever works for you)
* something to draw with (marker, pen, crayon - I recommend something you cannot erase)
* something to draw on (paper, cardboard, whatever you have handy that works with your materials!)
* OPTIONAL: gel or metallic markers
Prepare your space:
* cover your work area
* have several pieces of paper ready to work with
* keep drinking water nearby
* be sure your mark-maker works and your coloring materials are within reach
* music? light? whatever makes it your ideal creative workspace, do that!
* use your color-making materials to place blobs, streaks, shapes, lines, whatever you are inspired to do. feel free to overlap!
* when you feel finished, look at your work and decide what lines and shapes you'd like to add
* you may choose to add highlights or detail with a gel or metallic markers
* trade color pages with friends, family, neighbors
* play with different media for your color and for your drawing
* make a book of reverse color pages - makes a lovely gift!
Have Fun! Be kind to yourself and each other.