Recipes Circle Pages Book!
In this little lesson, we'll make a simple book with folded circle pages.
You will need:
* 5 paper plates (or any circle paper for your pages - coffee filter, doily, trace something round on any paper and cut out circles)
* Glue (I used tacky glue and glue stick - use what you have, what works best with the materials you choose)
* 2 pieces of yarn or ribbon (I used 2 pieces of ribbon, cut to 12" each)
* cardboard (cereal or cookie or cracker boxes work great! see what you have handy, use that)
* marker or pencil
* bone folder, spoon, popsicle stick, or any tool you can use to crease your pages
* decorative paper for the cover - use some of those papers you created in previous lessons! or try wrapping paper, papers out of your recycle bin, whatever you like.
Prepare your space:
* cover your work area
* lay your materials and tools out where you can reach them, leaving space for you to do your work
* keep drinking water nearby
* be sure your mark-maker works and your coloring materials are within reach
* music? light? whatever makes it your ideal creative workspace, do that!
* fold a paper circle in half, crease well
* fold in half again, crease well
* open plate, recrease each fold so that there are 'mountain' folds going each direction
* press sides in as you press the circle into a quarter of the circle, following the creases you created
* repeat with remaining 4 circle papers
* glue around edges and middle of first page, lay another on top and hold in place for a count of 30.
* repeat with remaining pages, be sure to hold for 30 seconds between adding pages
* lay your pages on the cardboard and trace 2x
* cut out covers
* cut string
* glue ribbon to top page, with excess ribbon hanging over the curved, opening edge of the page
* add glue, and glue cover to the book. hold for 30 seconds
* flip and repeat on the other side
* decorate your covers however you'd like - I cut two pieces of decorative paper and glued them to each cover.
* add a title, fill your pages!
* you may want to fill your pages before you assemble the book. I recommend folding them first, so you know where your writing/illustrations will fall, but it's up to you how you'd like to do it!
* consider non-tradition recipes! recipes for adventure, recipes for fun, recipes for relaxation!
* share recipes with family and friends
Have Fun! Be kind to yourself and each other.