Hello! It's been a while since my last post. Life and such.
In this quick lesson, we're going to make gratitude tags or cards.
You will need:
* something to write with (pen, crayon, marker, gel pen, whatever works for you!)
* variety of papers to cut up - use colorful sketches, practice paper, old artworks/marked up pages, junkmail, you get the idea
* glue (glue stick works great! but use whatever you have!)
* plain paper (I used white notecard paper in the video, then played around with some darker paper and gel pens on my own - experiment!)
* scissors and/or a paper cutter
* string (this is optional)
* embellishment materials if you'd like ... glitter glue? small shaped papers? stamps? markers?? whatever you'd like
Prepare your space:
* cover your work area
* keep drinking water nearby
* music? light? whatever makes it your ideal creative workspace, do that!
* prepare your decorative paper by cutting it down to tag/card size (2ish x 3ish inches? 4ish-5ish inches? there are no rules here, unless you make them!)
* cut your plain color paper so it is large enough to write a gratitude on, but small enough that it is smaller than your cards and when glued down the card will still show around it.
* cut string if you'd like to make a hanging card or tag
* put glue on one piece of paper, and lay your folded in half string on it
* put glue on the other piece of paper and glue the two together, sandwiching the string
* write a gratitude on a plain piece of paper, glue it onto the tag. Do the same on the other side of the tag, if you'd like
* embellish! or don't! do what makes you happy!
* make a garland of gratitude - instead of doubling your string inside one tag, lay cards out a and glue one long piece of string to them, then glue another card on top of each of the first ones to sandwich the string
* make a garland with hanging tags?!
* hang them around your town, home, village, neighborhood
* share them with friends and strangers
Have Fun! Be kind to yourself and each other.