Getting Crafty: Hearts Edition
Today we'll make heart arts: stamping on a stencil, a mask, and just plain stamping with our own homemade heart stamp. Fun stuff, thanks for being here!
For part one, you will need:
* stamp pad (if you are making your own, you need a plastic or ceramic tray, paper or cloth towel, a liquid paint, and a spray bottle or sponge. For more details on how to make your own stamp pad, you can check out the previous stamp pad palette lesson)
* stamps (can be anything you are ok with getting painty! corks, q-tips, pre-made stamps, homemade stamps, feathers, fingertips, get creative and curious!)
* paper in various sizes. (if you are cutting down your paper, grab a ruler or straight edge)
* painters tape
For part two, you will need:
* stamp pad (see above)
* papers to stamp on
Prepare your space:
* cover your work area
* have several pieces of paper ready to work with
* place your materials within reach, leaving enough space in front of you to work
* keep drinking water nearby
* music? light? whatever makes it your ideal creative workspace, do that!
* cut down your paper so you have a piece of paper that is smaller than the area you will be printing on (I cut my paper in half, then cut one of the halves in half)
* fold one of your quarter, or smaller, pieces of paper in half
* along the folded edge, draw a half heart (a diagonal line and arc combo)
* cut out the heart! The heart piece will be your mask, the heart frame will be your stencil
* tape or place the stencil on top of the card you are printing on. Use a variety of stamping tools to fill the heart with color, get paint/ink all the way up on to the stencil for best results!
* when you are finished, remove the stencil
* place the mask heart on a piece of paper, tape it from underneath using painters tape to hold it in place if you like
* stamp all over and around the masking heart
* remove the masking heart
* cut tp tube in half
* press down and crease one part, and pinch and fold the opposite side. press and pinch until your tube has a heart shape
* print away!
* make lots of heart art and hang it around your home, neighborhood, building to share with your community
* combine and layer techniques
Have Fun! Be kind to yourself and each other.