Getting Crafty: Hanging Hearts Arts
Let's make some hanging hearts art! Or, any shape you like.
You will need:
* Paper variety (think junk mail, art pages you've made and want to repurpose, used wrapping paper, whatever you've got!)
* glue (glue stick, white glue, tacky glue, anything that works with paper)
* pen or pencil to draw/trace hearts
* string or pipe cleaner (chenille stick)
* heart or other shape hole punch
Prepare your space:
* cover your work area
* place your materials within reach, be sure you have space for working
* keep drinking water nearby
* music? light? whatever makes it your ideal creative workspace, do that!
* cut out many, many paper hearts!
* start by folding a piece of paper in half, and along the folded edge draw a half heart (diagonal line, curved line)
* cut out along the line
* trace and cut many more hearts the same size
*NOTE you may choose to do several different sizes, this is great! just keep in mind, you need 4+ of each for a 3D heart, and 2 of each for the 2D heart in our hanging heart art.
* choose pipe cleaner or string, and choose the papers and beads (optional) you would like to use.
* for the 3D hearts, gather 4 or more, fold in half with the side you want showing Inside.
Layer the hearts, keeping them folded and aligned along the fold
glue one on top of the other, til you have as many as you'd like
open up the top and bottom hearts and place glue on each piece
lay the string or pipecleaner along the folded edges of the hearts, and close the paper heart together
* for the 2D hearts, choose two hearts and place glue on the back of each.
place one piece under the string/pipe cleaner and the other over, press to glue securely
* add beads as you like, layer and decorate and write on your paper hearts ... fun!
* experiment with different numbers of hearts in your 3D pieces
* try using different shapes in addition to or instead of hearts
* share with friends, neighbors, strangers - share love and art!
Have Fun! Be kind to yourself and each other.