Drip Drop Doodles
Make a map! or a creature! or a doodle! or a dream diagram! So much possibility.
You will need:
* paper (I am using a mixed media paper, use what you have, experiment if you have options!)
* a drink to spill (coffee and black tea work great, you can use watered down paint if you prefer)
* something to draw and mark and maybe even color with (marker, color pencil, liquid watercolor, crayon)
* optional: a dry rag, an iron
Prepare your space:
* cover your work area
* have several pieces of paper ready to work with
* be sure your materials are within reach
* music? light? whatever makes it your ideal creative workspace, do that!
* pour or drip a small amount of your liquid onto your page. let it sit. or lift and turn the paper to let it run around. or place an object in a puddle of the liquid. play with it!
* let it dry, or blot it dry. you may want to iron it to smooth it out, but that's not necessary
* let the drips and drops pattern inspire you! let your pen travel around ... is it a map? a figure? a landscape? a dreamscape? just play.
* incorporate text
* share drips/drops pages with your people and see what they create
* play with different papers, liquids, mark makers.
Have Fun! Be kind to yourself and each other.