Doodling: Add a Little Color
In this little lesson, we'll play with lines and color.
You will need:
- something to draw with (marker, pen, crayon - I recommend something you cannot erase)
- something to draw on (paper, cardboard, whatever you have handy that works with your mark maker!)
- something to color with (marker, color pencil, crayon, watercolor - whatever works for you)
Prepare your space:
- cover your work area
- have several pieces of paper ready to work with
- keep drinking water nearby
- be sure your mark-maker works and your coloring materials are within reach
- music? light? whatever makes it your ideal creative workspace, do that!
- we will draw one continuous line over our page, crossing over in many places
- we will look at our work and decide what color to add where ... or, don't think about it at all and just start coloring!
- doodle one continuous line in black. then write a word in bubble letters. use color fill in only the shapes within the bubble letters.
- fill some spaces with color, fill some with patterns and designs
- add text to your piece
- incorporate a color lesson (primaries, secondaries, warms, cools, complementaries ...)
Have Fun! Be kind to yourself and each other.